Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On another note...

We had guests over the other night.  After lots of delicious food at Christmas, I wanted to lighten things up.  I made a Peasant Vegetable Soup (and when I defined "peasant" for my daughter, she said..we aren't poor, are we?  Those pesky nuances!)  and some No-Knead Bread with a tossed salad.  Hit the spot perfectly.  

And this wouldn't be a blog about books if I didn't mention the two cookBOOKS I rescued those recipes from.  The first one, The Silver Palate, by Sheila Lukins and Barbara Russo (I have the old edition) is full of the best kind of recipes.  And, numerous reviewers claim it is the only cookbook you need.  Beware:  lots of ingredients, lots of chopping but...that equals homecooked food better than pretty much any run of the mill restaurant around.   

The other cookbook was one I received for my birthday from my sis.  My Bread:  The Revolutionary, No Work, No Knead Method by Jim Lahey and Rick Flaste.  All I need say is, remarkable.  
You don't need, of course, to buy the cookbook, there are lots of good recipes online.


Eat up.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete