Monday, March 1, 2010

Forever and a day

It's been forever since I wrote and I promised myself that I would be committed to writing, mostly because it is good for me.  And, I will write, I promise, I promise.  I will write about the book I am currently reading (taking a long time) and in the meantime, I can write about what I am not reading.  

I am not reading God Grew Tired Of Us because it was a movie I watched the other day, not a book at all.  By the way, there are a lot of books about the Lost Boys of Sudan, so if you have something against film, by all means read one.  What I learned from watching the movie mostly beside the great, terrible atrocities that have occured in yet another place in the world, is the power of the human soul to rise above the worst that can be thrown at you.  It is a good film to watch with your family and talk about at the dinner table.  

I am not reading any books about music because I have been listening to Patty Griffin's "Heavenly Day" over and over and kicking myself that I hadn't heard her beautiful voice before.  
When I am done reading what I am reading now I WILL be reading a long list of books that are taunting me.  I just can't remember all their names right now.  

That is the state of affairs around here.  Not much to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment