Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My personal book club

When I was a little girl I was going to be an author.  I mostly practiced signing my autograph, a pen name I had carefully thought out:  Anne Lange.  I loved the "e" at the end of both the first and last name.  Unsurprisingly, like most dreamers, I hadn't gotten much farther than the pseudonym. I figured that was enough and the rest would follow.  

As I grew up, my philosophy was that the more great writing I read, the better writer I would become.  So I read.  That pen name has yet to come in handy.  I gave up years ago practicing signing my autograph, and now I just read and ruminate over the sentences, words and ideas in books.  This blog is my own private version of a book club.  One that I get to actually discuss the books I've read.  I don't expect a big readership, this is really for me.  A chance to, in a sense, exorcise the thoughts that bubble up as I become immersed in both good and marginal writing.  Also a chance for me to write as me...not Anne Lange. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you may have to practice up on your autograph - I love reading your insights. So real, it inspires my muddied mind to explore a good read, there really isn't anything quite like it. I think I may start with a easy one, I Capture the Castle. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete